Explore our promoted experiences
- Hour-long tour of the Selvatura Park herpetarium
- See venemous and non-venemous snakes on display
- Learn about lizards and amphibians
- Guided tour with a knowledgeable nature guide
- Ideal choice for families
Departure & Return
What To Expect
You’ll find more than 40 species on display in secure facilities that are maintained for the animals’ comfort, with glass enclosures so you can see each one up close. There are venomous and non-venemous snakes, poisonous frogs, turtles, lizards, and toads.
This is the perfect time to learn about Costa Rican wildlife, with plenty of time to ask questions about the creatures you’ll see along the way. Don’t miss the poison arrow frog, the red-eyed tree frog, or the Jesus Christ Lizard, a basilisk who can run across the surface of the water. This hour-long herpetarium tour concludes in Selvatura Park.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Selvatura Park
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms