- Day trip from Key West to Dry Tortugas National Park
- Ride a spacious catamaran across the tropical seas
- Enjoy spectacular views and learn about your surroundings from an on-board naturalist
- Cruise past Boca Grande Key, the Marquesas Keys and the Rebecca Shoal Channel
- Swim or snorkel around the park’s coral reef with ocean life such as dolphins and sea turtles
- Enjoy breakfast and lunch on the boat
Departure & Return
Ferry departs from the terminal.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Dry Tortugas National Park is located inside Fort Jefferson, one of the largest coastal forts ever built. This seven-island cluster is comprised of coral reefs and sand — and famous for its bird and marine life, as well as legends of pirates and sunken gold.
This tour includes a variety of exciting activities and amazing scenery while providing a sense of history. Begin with a 45-minute tour of the fort, then wander the beach looking for seashells and watching tropical birds swooping through the air. Try a bit of swimming or snorkeling around the coral reef, looking for dolphins and sea turtles in the warm, tropical water. Visitors agree, this is the best place for snorkeling in the Florida Keys.
Time for a break? Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch on board the boat or along the shore.
Spend any remaining time sightseeing or wandering the island, then reboard the boat mid-afternoon and enjoy the trip back to Key West. Relax on the deck with a refreshing beverage from one of the onboard bars (own expense) and soak up the remaining rays of the sun — a perfect ending to a perfect day of outdoor fun and adventure.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We suggest you bring the following: bathing suit, comfortable shoes, towels, sun protection (sunglasses, a hat, sun screen) and camera
- Reservations are required, you MUST call the local operator to schedule your day trip. Your reservation is NOT confirmed until then
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 300 travelers
- OPERATED BY Historic Tours Of America - Dry Tortugas
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip by Catamaran from Key West.